4.18.2008

Very Short Stories

Short Story I:

So, awhile ago there lived this man, and he was very industrious and understood what it took to earn a dollar. The man was perhaps unscrupulous in a way. After a short period of time the man had made a good life for himself, he had a big house and a few nice cars and he even owned a good boat. What the man didn't have was power, he wasn't in a position to make the big moves. He had good looks and could be with whomever he chose -- nothing lacked in his life except his ability to control his surroundings. He often felt helpless.

Short Story II:

Sometimes we would stand in my kitchen trying to decide how to get our lives together. You would say things like "It's only been two weeks since I last got money from my folks, I can't ask again so soon."
I agreed. It just seemed so strange because it felt like we made all the right decisions. We went to college, we got good jobs but we just didn't know how to grow up I guess.
Other times we would just sit on the roof of my apartment complex and have tequila shots and chain smoke. We talked for hours and thought life was amazing. We felt great.

Short Story III:

What did you think of that movie?
"I like it."
"It was okay."
"I don't like it very much."
"I love it."
"I hate it."

Short Story IV:

April, 10th 2008.

Today I woke up and felt terrible. I called work and told them I was unable to come in. I went to Bauhaus with my roommate and got coffee. Then I went to the doctors office and found out I was anemic. Afterwards I went to the Honeyhole and ate lunch. Currently I am at the Vera Project with Casey and Dale. They're mad.

No comments: